We recommend the following method:
- Gently hand wash in cool water (up to 85°F) with a mild soap.
- Do not use the hand wash cycle in a washing machine.
- Never use chlorine bleach.
- Gently press to remove excess water.
- Do not wring or twist; handle gently to avoid wrinkles and distortion.
- Dry flat (lay horizontally for drying).
- Block to dry (reshape to original dimensions while drying).
- Smooth by hand while wet to remove wrinkles and straighten the seams and facings
- Store handknit and hand-loomed sweaters flat. As a general precaution, we do not advise hanging knit garments.
- To avoid moth damage, take normal mothproofing precautions.
- When storing suede or leather garments, hang in a well-ventilated area. Suede or leather garments need to breathe so should not be stored in a plastic bag.