Alpaca is a camelid of the Peruvian Andes, has the fiber with the greatest chromatic variety that exists in the world of weaving, ranging from white to black, passing through chestnuts and grays. This quality added to its warmth and softness, were inspiration and basis for the Andean textile development, especially the Inca. Today, this extraordinary fiber plays a fundamental role in the world of textiles.
ROYAL ALPACA, is the finnest selection of the best alpaca fiber of both races (Suri and Huacaya), carried out by expert hands of artisans who master ancient secrets and later by a technical process, which allow them to choose the finest fiber Soft and warm, possessing that elegant and subtle luster, which also encompasses the magnificent tonal range that this wonderful fiber can offer. All this makes it possible for the garments made with this input to show unmistakable elegance and personality.
- Lighter and warmer than wool
- Breathable and Hypoallergenic
- Luxuriously soft to the touch with a silky sheen
- Lighter and Comfortable and versatile to wear
- Grows naturally in dozens of beautiful shades
- Wearing Alpaca fiber promotes sustainable agriculture in the Peruvian Andes
Our Altamira garments are made with alpaca fibers whose shearing process has been improved, making it friendly and without causing harm to this precious camelid.